My favourite banana bread happens to be high protein and grain free. You’ll need a food processor or blender to grind the pecans into a flour-like consistency.
This bread can be toasted if preferred and is delicious with some St. Dalfour or Follain (sugar free) jam or a little coconut butter. It's also delicious on its own for a breakfast on the go! The recipe is adapted from a recipe by author and Nutritional Therapist, Christine Bailey.
What you'll need
- 300g pecan nuts
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 free range, organic eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
How to make high protein banana bread
- Place the pecans in the blender and process to form a fine meal. Place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients
- Place the eggs, banana, oil and honey in a blender and process until smooth
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40-45 mins (until firm to touch). Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out
Meal Planning Tips
Once cooled you can cut it into slices and freeze individual slices for when you need them. Simply defrost in the toaster in a couple of minutes. This will also help prevent eating the entire loaf which is easily done, trust me!! Get my top 15 tips on successful meal planning here.
Let me know if you try it. Would love to hear from you in the comments below.
Find me on Instagram @stellar_health_mary for more meal ideas.
Porridge lover? Learn how to Pimp your Porridge
Are you a breakfast lover or a breakfast hater? Find out what I had to say to Kaye Adams on this very topic here
If you're really not a breakfast person find out what to do about it here